The Enclave at Meridian FAQs
Thank you for considering The Enclave at Meridian a Granden Living community managed by Westdale. Transparency is key in starting a new relationship. We value your time and your commitment to finding the ideal place to call home. While selecting your new rental home, please consider the following benefits of choosing a home in The Enclave at Meridian.QUICK LINKS: Resident Portal | Rent Payments | Pets | Utilities | Smart Home | Satellite Dishes | Pest Control | Lawncare | Maintenance | Surveys | Homeowner's Association (HOA) | HOA Dues | HOA Violations | Amenity Access
Resident PortalAs a resident, you will have access to a portal where information on your account, your lease, your utilities, community events and general information and updates will be accessible. We encourage residents to check the portal at least weekly and allow push notifications for community updates.
Rent PaymentsRent payments can be made in many convenient ways. Residents can set up recurring payments or one-time payments in the resident portal. Residents can use walk-in payments (WIPS) to convert cash to an electronic payment at many local, convenient retailers. Residents can mail a check, money order or cashier’s check to 2550 Pacific Ave. Suite 1600, Dallas, TX 75226. Also, residents can set up text to pay or use a voice assistant to pay rent and any balances. For voice assistant payments, please add the RENTCafe Resident Services Alexa Skill.
PetsUp to two pets are allowed per home with appropriate pet fees and pet rent paid. Breed restrictions apply as follows:
- German Shepherd
- Pit Bull Terrier
- Dogo Argentino
- Presa Canario
- Cane Corso
- Staffordshire Terrier
- Great Dane
- Doberman Pinscher
- Wolf or Wolf Hybrid
- Any mix of any of the previously mentioned breeds and any other breed that the Landlord deems to have similar characteristics
Service animals are not considered pets. Please contact the management team at 210-985-8559 with any questions on the pet policy or to discuss a service animal.
UtilitiesAt move-in, residents will need to provide the management team with the electricity account number showing service has been set up in the resident’s name for the home and starts on their lease start date. Failure to maintain electric service will result in a charge back for actual electric usage and a fee of $25 for each month in which electric service is not established in the resident’s name. The water, sewer, and trash utilities are kept in the landlord’s name and are billed back to the resident based on actual usage as measured by individual meters for each home. Residents will receive a monthly statement and the actual usage will be billed back to the resident ledger. Residents may review these charges in the resident portal. There is a monthly fee of $10 to cover processing of invoices and billing.
Cable/phone/internet/satellite services will need to be set up in the resident’s name through a provider that services the community.
Smart HomeEach home in The Enclave at Meridian comes with a smart home technology package. This includes a keyless front door lock, a video doorbell, a smart thermostat, a leak detector, a motion sensor, and contact sensors for each of the exterior doors. A monthly fee of $25 covers access to the smart home technology package. The smart devices can be controlled remotely through the smart home app accessible on a mobile device.
Satellite DishesSatellite Dishes that are visible from a street or form another lot are prohibited except reception only satellite dishes designed to receive television broadcast signals, satellite dishes that are one meter or less in diameter and designed to receive direct broadcast satellite services (DBS) or satellite dishes that are one meter or less in diameter or diagonal measurement and designed to receive video programming services via multipoint distribution services (MDS) are permitted if located in a fenced yard. If that location does not provide acceptable quality signal, the association may adopt reasonable rules for the location, appearance, camouflaging, installation, maintenance and use of the satellite dish to the extent permitted by public law. No satellite dishes may be attached to the roof without prior written permission of the landlord and the HOA.
Renter’s InsuranceThis community requires all residents to obtain and maintain evidence of liability insurance throughout the term of your lease, including lease renewals. Prior to move-in, residents are required to purchase and maintain Renter’s Insurance with minimum liability coverage of at least $100,000. The policy should list The Enclave at Meridian as an additional interested party. If a resident does not provide sufficient proof of insurance coverage, the resident will be enrolled in a liability-only policy. A recurring charge of $20 per month will be assessed until the resident secures insurance through another insurance provider and provides proof of insurance to management. The liability-only policy only covers damage to the home if the resident causes the damage. It does not provide coverage for belongings if personal property is damaged by a resident or their guest.
Pest ControlResident’s will be charged $10 per month for pest control. Each home will receive a preventative pest control service at least once per quarter. This includes an exterior treatment of the foundation and a defensive perimeter spray with a focus on entry points. Fire ants and wasps’ nest will be treated and/or removed. Pests that are naturally occurring and not introduced by the resident, a resident’s guest or a resident’s pet will be covered under the normal treatments. Fleas, ticks, bedbugs, and other pests will be treated with additional cost billed back to the resident. Pest control service dates will be communicated in advance of the treatment date to allow for proper entry to the yard.
LawncareLawncare will be performed on a weekly or bi-weekly basis depending on the season of the year and the conditions of the lawn. The lawncare company will need access to all front, back and side yards. On lawncare day, please remove any lawn furniture and pets from the yard so the lawncare vendor can access the entire yard (including fenced in areas). Lawncare costs are $75 per month.
MaintenanceWestdale will take care of the major mechanical items and the large projects but require residents to handle some of the smaller items. Our knowledgeable staff are ready to help with questions.
Here is a non-exhaustive list of what Westdale will address:
- Major plumbing repairs such as line blockages from tree roots or cracks in the main lines not caused by resident negligence or misuse
- HVAC replacement or major repairs not caused by lack of filter replacement
- Appliance repairs or replacement caused by age of appliance or repair needed that is not related to resident negligence or misuse
- Broken window or door glass by weather related events or product issues
- Garage door issues related to mechanics and not vandalism, resident negligence, or misuse
- Roof repairs or replacement
- Fence picket and post replacements unless damage is due to resident negligence or misuse
- Door locks related to misalignment or sticking (Lock-outs are not a landlord responsibility and will not be performed by Westdale)
- Repairs to plumbing and fixtures related to life expectancy of those fixtures and not due to resident negligence or misuse
- Electrical repairs related to wiring, switches, outlets, and breakers
- Flooring issues related to age or warranty issues
- Changing light bulbs
- Changing the HVAC filter every 30 days
- Replacing batteries in garage door opener remotes
- Unjamming and resetting garbage disposals
- Winterizing exterior faucets
- Maintaining the yard in compliance with HOA or community standards (Lawncare will address the lawn, however, any ornamental additions to the landscaping will be the resident’s responsibility to maintain in compliance with the HOA restrictions)
- Replacing irrigation heads damaged by resident
- Watering the foundation
- Keeping garage door sensors aligned so garage door properly opens and closes
- Unblocking toilets with a plunger to clear minor clogs
- Keeping hair and foreign objects out of drains and using zip strips to unclog minor drain clogs
- Any damage related to misuse or negligence by resident, occupants, or guests